January 05, 2015

Boathouse at Balmoral

My first post for 2015 and of course it's a post about food! I keep telling people and myself that I'm not a food blogger and I don't want to be, but at the same time food is my life….#FirstWorldProblems. On Sunday morning I caught up with my lovely friend, Cam and her cutie pie son, Eli, for brunch at The Boathouse in Balmoral.


The Boathouse is another one of my favourite places to go to for brunch; the cafe is located right on the beach in Balmoral over looking the stunning waters covered in lush boats and yachts (one day I'll have my own). I just love the casual atmosphere they have and the location on the beach on a beautiful summers day is just perfect; fabulous Sunday.

I've never been disappointed with their menu choices and always find it hard to decide on what to eat given that I love everything there but I just can't eat it all, not in one sitting, which is probably why I keep coming back. Not only is the food and drinks amazing there but the service is impressive; I've never had bad customer service there and the wait staff is always going out of their way to help you regardless of your request.


On this stunning Sunday morning we decided to have brunch and I ordered the Scrambled Eggs with Bacon, Roast Tomato and Sourdough Toast ($19), Cam had the Avocado plus Tomato on Charred Toast with Goats Curd and Basil ($18), Eli had the Toasted Banana Bread with Butter (pepe saya butter of course!), Honey and Mascarpone ($12); well, more like Cam and I ate his meal! We also ordered two coffee frappes and a kids chocolate milkshake which Eli managed to inhale with one breath.




As always, the food was amazing and so tasty. Even on a beautiful summers day, like Sunday, The Boathouse is always busy, however, they have found the perfect key to ensuring that everyone is able to find a table and get their food within a reasonable time. I've not had an experience where I've had to wait too long for either a table or for my meal; it just all seems to work well without the rushed feeling.

If you haven't experienced The Boathouse you really should and the awesome thing is that they have a few locations so you have plenty of options to choose from. They are located at Palm Beach, Whale Beach, Balmoral Beach and soon to open at Shelly Beach; so if you live on the northern beaches (or the north shore side of Sydney) then it's perfect and if you don't, it's worth the trip there. I recommend going especially in summer as all of them are located by the beach so pack your beach gear, head on up to one of the locations for brunch and settle yourself down at the beach for a day of relaxing and chilling.

Happy 2015 and to many more posts from me!

Jo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment