September 14, 2014

Just Write!

I recently shared with a close friend that I have started a blog. Yes, this blog is still a 'secret' to many of my friends. Why? Hmmmm, I have absolutely no real reason why, I just haven't told all my friends, but starting from today, I'll start sharing something that I am enjoying.

My beautiful friend is an avid reader and a lover of poems. We were sitting at work discussing my recent love of writing on my blog about the things I enjoy doing and just writing in general. I guess if you know me, you would know that I didn't really like to write, I was more of a visual person who just loved pictures to tell a story. I still am that person but I am a new person on a new journey who recently discovered a love for writing.

As Arianna Huffington, from a talk I had recently attended, pointed out "if you want to write, just write; as you'll never know who will read it (around the world)". My friend mentioned a poet by the name of Charles Bokowski (1920 - 1994) who wrote a poem titled "So you want to be a Writer?"  The poem is just beautiful and goes to the core of why I started to write or blog; in short it basically states that if you want to write, then write from your heart. If you have a burning desire to write then write; don't write for money, don't write for your family and friends to read first, don't write for fame, don't write like someone else:

"when it is truly time,
and if you have been chosen,
it will do it by
itself and it will keep on doing it
until you die or it dies in you.

there is no other way.

and there never was."

So I write because I have a desire in my life's journey to write. I write because I enjoy it. I write because it makes me happy. I write because I want to share. I'll keep on writing until I die or it dies in me. 

Happy reading!

Jo x



No comments:

Post a Comment